Uniformity of Points
Quantifying uniformity of a configuration of points on a space is a topic that is receiving growing attention in computer science, physics and mathematics. The problem has interesting connections with statistics, where several tests of uniformity have been introduced. Other figures-of-merit have been introduced in numerical analysis. The objective of the project is to investigate the behavior of these measures of uniformity using tools at the interface between statistics and numerical analysis.
Professor of Econometrics
My research interests include statistics, numerical analysis, operations research, psychology, economics and management.
- Approximation of Stochastic Programming Problems
- Asymptotic Distributions of Covering and Separation Measures on the Hypersphere
- Computing the Asymptotic Distribution of Second-order $U$- and $V$-statistics
- The asymptotic distribution of Riesz' energy
- Computational aspects of discrepancies for equidistribution on the hypercube